NEIL CONRAD is a litigation associate in the firm’s Chicago office. Neil joined Sidley after clerking for Judge Sidney A. Fitzwater of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas and Judge David F. Hamilton of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
Neil graduated with honors from the University of Chicago Law School, where he was a comment editor for the University of Chicago Legal Forum. He earned the Joseph Henry Beale Prize for excellence in the first-year writing program, won the Edward W. Hinton Moot Court Competition, and received the John M. Olin Fellowship in Law and Economics and the Thomas R. Mulroy Award for Excellence in Appellate Advocacy. He was a member of the Federal Criminal Justice Clinic, where he helped represent a client charged with a federal crime in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. As part of the representation, and under the supervision of clinical faculty, he drafted a motion to suppress evidence, cross-examined a police officer during the evidentiary hearing, and presented oral argument at the close of the hearing.
Neil graduated summa cum laude from Tulane University with a degree in Political Science, Economics, and International Development. A member of Phi Beta Kappa, he received the Senior Scholar Award as the top graduate in Political Science, Janus Society Honors, and the Tulane 34 Award.
Admissions & Certifications
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, N.D. of Illinois - General
- U.S. District Court, E.D. of Michigan
- The University of Chicago Law School, J.D., 2013 (honors)
- Tulane University, B.A., 2008 (summa cum laude)
- David F. Hamilton, U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit (2014 - 2015)
- Sidney A. Fitzwater, U.S. District Court, N.D. of Texas (2013 - 2014)