ANNE ROBERT advises clients on all aspects of EU competition law, including cartels, abuse of dominance, merger control and state aid. She regularly represents clients in proceedings before the EU courts and in investigations by the European Commission and national competition authorities.
Anne focuses in particular on the life sciences sector, where she advises global life sciences companies on competition law and general EU law issues relating to pharmaceutical products and medical devices. She also has extensive experience representing clients in a variety of other sectors, including consumer goods, financial services and the automotive sector.
Recent examples of Anne’s work include representing:
- Les Laboratoires Servier before the EU Court of Justice in an appeal regarding an alleged breach of EU competition rules;
- A pharmaceutical company in several ongoing investigations by national competition authorities into alleged abuse of dominance, including by charging an excessive and unfair price;
- DocMorris N.V., Europe’s largest mail-order pharmacy, on a variety of matters relating to restrictions of cross-border online sales of prescription medicinal products in Germany;
- Shop-Apotheke B.V. in a reference for preliminary ruling before the EU Court of Justice relating to national advertising rules applicable to pharmacists and to over-the-counter medicinal products sold online; and
- Bayer CropScience in its appeal before the EU Court of Justice regarding EU restrictions on the use of neonicotinoid substances in plant protection products. The case involves a large number of Member State, trade association and non-governmental organization interveners.
She also completed a secondment to the Group Antitrust team of a multinational pharmaceutical company in Basel, Switzerland. She is a regular speaker on competition law issues affecting the life sciences industry.
Anne is fluent in English, French, Luxembourgish and German. She has working knowledge of Dutch and Italian.