BEN CORREA handles significant and complex matters for life science corporations, including government enforcement actions, internal investigations, litigation and compliance counseling.
Ben’s extensive experience serving life science clients includes:
- Department of Justice investigations alleging Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), False Claims Act (FCA), Anti-Kickback Statute (AKS), off-label promotion and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) violations (including securing several declinations)
- False Claims Act litigation related to donations to independent foundations, speaker programs, educational events and off-label promotion
- Internal investigations covering allegations related to clinical trials, off-label promotion, data integrity, GMP violations, bribery and fraud
- Counseling on corporate compliance program development, including risk assessments, program reviews, employee training and policy/procedures
- Responses to Warning Letters, 483s, and other FDA enforcement actions
- Advising life science clients on a range of litigation, enforcement and compliance issues
His work for pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, and hearing aid manufacturers has included cross-border matters in Europe, Asia and Latin America.
Ben also has a significant pro bono practice and recently secured the release of inmate convicted as a juvenile who had served 24 years of an effective life sentence.