ANGELA FONTANA serves as global co-leader of Sidley’s Global Finance practice. She focuses her practice on financing transactions and debt restructurings. Angela represents both borrowers and financial institutions, and has been involved in a wide variety of financing transactions in both the United States and abroad. Angela’s experience includes investment grade lending, commercial paper facilities, letter of credit facilities, cash flow-based lending, asset-based lending, mezzanine financing and workouts and restructurings.
Angela’s experience since joining Sidley includes representing:
- Affiliates of Apollo Global Management, Inc. in providing a $500 million senior secured loan to MFA Financial, Inc.
- Investment Funds managed by an affiliate of ZMC in the acquisition and financing of Simeio Solutions.
- Great Hill Partners in its acquisition of Enterprise DB
- Darling International Inc. in financing its acquisition of the Vion Ingredients business
- Forest Park Medical Centers in connection with various financing matters
- Knowles Corporation in connection with the financing for its spinoff from Dover Corporation and its subsequent accordion increase
- General Electric Capital Corporation in connection with acquisition financing provided to Cruz Bay Publishing, a portfolio company of Wind Point Partners
- Amendment to increase Euro and USD term loan facilities and revolving facility of Armacell International S.A. to finance cross-border acquisition
Angela’s abundant experience, prior to joining Sidley, includes representing:
- General Growth Properties, Inc. in its corporate credit facility and financing the spinoff of Rouse Properties, Inc.;
- Generac Power Systems in its credit facilities refinancing;
- Darling International Inc. in financing its acquisition of the Vion Ingredients business;
- General Electric Company in financing its joint venture with Comcast for NBC Universal; and
- A variety of private equity sponsors.
Recent acquisition financings, prior to joining Sidley, include:
- Berkshire Partners and OMERS in the acquisition of Husky Injection Molding Systems;
- CCMP in the acquisition of Milacron;
- Ontario Teachers Pension Plan Board in the acquisition of Flexera Software and Heartland Dental;
- CVC Capital Partners in the acquisition for Cunningham Lindsey;
- THL Partners in the acquisition of Acosta;
- Centerbridge Partners, L.P. in the acquisition of P.F. Chang’s China Bistro; and
- Advent International Corporation in the acquisition of Charlotte Russe and the coating resins business of Cytec Industries, Inc.
Angela has been recognized by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America from 2006 – 2022 in the practice areas of Banking and Finance Law and Corporate Law. She was named the Best Lawyers’ 2017 Banking and Finance Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Dallas/Fort Worth. Angela was recognized in Chambers USA – America’s Leading Lawyers for Business 2005–2022 in the field of Banking and Finance and was selected as a finalist for the Chambers USA “Women in Law” Awards 2013 and 2012 in the category of Finance. She was named a “leading” Practitioner in Banking in The International Who’s Who of Banking Lawyers 2007–2012. She was a recognized lawyer in The Legal 500 US 2007, 2009, 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017; a “leading” lawyer for bank lending in IFLR 1000: The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms 2014–2020; named in The Best Lawyers in America 2009–2019; and is included in the inaugural edition of the Guide to the World’s Leading Women in Business Law. She was also named a “Texas Super Lawyer” in 2003–2019 and D Magazine’s Best Lawyers in Dallas 2011–2017 and 2019–2021. Angela has been recognized in 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2019 editions of the IFLR1000 as a “Leading Lawyer” in Banking and Finance in the United States. Angela has been ranked by Chambers Global in Banking & Finance (2012–2023).