JASON MENZIES focuses on UK and international tax planning and provides tax-related advice in the context of cross-border private equity and M&A transactions and private fund structuring.
Jason has acted for private equity sponsors in buying and selling portfolio investments across a range of jurisdictions (in the UK, the Netherlands, Belgium, France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland and Poland, among others). He has also acted for private equity sponsors on their fund formation, fund secondary and fund restructuring transactions.
Recent experience includes advising:
- Dude Solutions Inc., a SaaS provider of cloud-based operations management software backed by Clearlake Capital Group, L.P., in the acquisition of the asset management platform Confirm.
- CareerBuilder on their sale of Textkernel, a global leading AI-powered HR technology provider, to Main Capital Partners.
- TowerBrook Capital Partners in its sale of and re-investment in Independent Clinical Services Group to Onex Corporation.
- Queen Park’s Equity on its acquisition of Learndirect Limited and its subsidiaries, a provider of online learning platform and courses.
- ACPS Automotive, a technology and market leader in towbars/hitches for cars, SUVs, and vans, on the completion of its financial restructuring.
- H.I.G. Capital and Vernacare on the acquisition of Infection Prevention.
- Global Loan Agency Services Limited on the restructuring and refinancing of Royal IHC.
- OrbiMed on its investment in Mereo BioPharma.
- TowerBrook Capital Partners on the acquisition of CarTrawler.
- Munich Re on €3.8 Billion longevity risk transfer with NN Life Netherlands.
- GHO Capital Partners LLP on its acquisition of Ardena.
- Global Loan Agency Services Limited as facilities agent, GLAS Trust Corporation Limited as existing security agent and TMF Trustee Limited as new security agent, on the restructuring of BARTEC, a German manufacturer of explosion safety equipment.
- Global Loan Agency Services in connection with the restructuring of Galapagos Holding S.A.
- Global Loan Agency Services Limited in connection with the sale of Young’s Seafood Limited, one of the UK’s leading producers and distributors of seafood, to Karro Food Group.
- Inspired Entertainment, Inc., a leading supplier of gaming terminals in the UK, on the proposed transformational acquisition of the Gaming Technology Group of Novomatic UK Ltd.
- TowerBrook in its sale of Metallo, a metal recycler and refiner, to Aurubis AG.
- Independent Clinical Services Group (ICS), a portfolio company of TowerBrook Capital Partners (TCP), on the successful recapitalization and portable refinancing of its existing debt structure.
- TowerBrook in its investment in the GBA Group, a UK-based vehicle logistics business servicing the global automotive and shipping industries.
Prior to joining Sidley in 2016, Jason was an associate in the tax practice of another international law firm.