JASON MENZIES focuses on UK and international tax planning and provides tax-related advice in the context of cross-border private equity and M&A transactions and private fund structuring.
Jason has acted for private equity sponsors in buying and selling portfolio investments across a range of jurisdictions (in the UK, the Netherlands, Belgium, France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, and Poland, among others). He has also acted for private equity sponsors on their fund formation, fund secondary, and fund restructuring transactions.
Recent experience includes advising:
- Crayhill Capital Management on its US$200 million financing of Heroes, a UK-based technology-driven ecommerce company.
- Gallagher, a global insurance brokerage, risk management and consulting services firm, in its acquisition of the treaty reinsurance brokerage operations of Willis Towers Watson for US$3.25 billion.
- Newfold Digital on its acquisition of Yoast B.V., the leading search engine optimization plugin provider for WordPress.
- Crayhill Capital Management on the US$300 million financing for unybrands, an integrated platform for e-commerce businesses.
- Partners Group, a leading global private markets firm, on expanding the shareholder base of International Schools Partnership, a leading international group of K-12 schools.
Prior to joining Sidley in 2016, Jason was an associate in the tax practice of another international law firm.