ADAM RUNCORN has experience in all types of private equity deals and leveraged buyouts, strategic mergers, acquisitions and divestures, joint ventures, equity growth investments, equity and debt restructurings and management equity plans, as well as related advisory work.
Recent examples of Adam’s work include representing:
- Summit Partners on its investment in Appway.
- Apollo Global Management, LLC in connection with aspects of its US$2.6 billion cash acquisition of publicly traded Aspen Insurance Holdings Limited.
- Apollo Global Management, LLC and Athene in connection with the formation and the €2.1 billion initial capitalization of Athora Holding Ltd., a Bermuda-based insurance and reinsurance group.
- OpCapita on its disposal of the NKD Group, one of the largest discount clothing retailers in its market, to TDR Capital.
- A leading international investment firm on the sale of its minority stake in a Premier League football club.
- Buckthorn Partners in connection with its investment in TWMA Group Limited, a drilling waste management and solutions provider.
- The ad hoc creditor committee on the €450 million debt and equity restructuring of the French-headquartered trucks leasing business, Fraikin Group.
Recently, Euromoney Legal Media Group honored Adam with the “Rising Star M&A/Private Equity” and “Rising Star UK” awards at its inaugural Europe Rising Stars Awards 2019. He was also recognized as a Rising Star in Corporate Finance by Super Lawyers 2015.
Prior to joining Sidley in 2016, Adam was an associate in the private equity practice of another international law firm, where he worked in both the London and the New York offices.