ADAM RUNCORN is an award-winning private equity partner whose practice focuses on advising European and International private equity sponsors and other financial institutions on cross-border corporate and M&A transactions, including leveraged buyouts, strategic mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, joint ventures, structured and minority equity investments, equity and debt restructurings, and management equity plans, as well as related advisory work.
Adam works with clients investing in a broad range of sectors including financial services, technology, entertainment, sport and media, manufacturing and industrials, healthcare, and retail.
Recent examples of Adam’s work include representing:
- Clearlake Capital Group, L.P. in its acquisition of Chelsea Football Club and related affiliates in a consortium co-led with Todd Boehly, Chairman and CEO of Eldridge.
- EQT Private Equity and PRO Unlimited in PRO Unlimited’s acquisition of outsourced workforce management provider Geometric Results, Inc.
- Great Hill Partners in connection with its acquisition of Notonthehighstreet, a UK curated online marketplace.
- TowerBrook Capital Partners in its sale of and re-investment in Independent Clinical Services Group to Onex Corporation.
- The ad hoc creditor committee on the €450 million debt and equity restructuring of the French-headquartered trucks leasing business, Fraikin Group.
Adam has been recognized for “Private Equity: Mid-Market Deals” in The Legal 500 UK 2022, with clients commenting “he is a fantastic rising star, great mastery of both the legal and commercial side.” He has also been recognized as a “Rising Star for Corporate/M&A” at the IFLR Rising Stars Awards Europe 2020, and was included in Legal Week’s 2020 Rising Stars in Private Equity list. In 2019, Euromoney Legal Media Group honored Adam with the “Rising Star M&A/Private Equity” and “Rising Star UK” awards at its inaugural Europe Rising Stars Awards. In addition, the London Private Equity practice was honored as “Private Equity Team of the Year” in the 2021 Legal Business Awards.