RICHARD SCHNEIDER is a corporate associate in Sidley’s Chicago office and a member of the firm’s Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation practice.
Richard regularly advises clients on executive compensation and employee benefits matters in connection with corporate transactions. His practice also includes advising both publicly and privately held corporations in establishing equity-based and other incentive compensation arrangements and employment, severance, retention and change in control agreements.
Clients served in representative transactions include:
- Membership Collective Group Inc., a London-based membership and hospitality company (and parent company of Soho House and related businesses), in connection with its initial public offering of US$420 million. MCG sold thirty million shares of its common stock at US$14.00 per share.
- Brand Velocity Partners and its portfolio company BBQGuys in connection with the pending merger of BBQGuys with Velocity Acquisition Corp., a special purpose acquisition vehicle.
- Siris Capital Group, LLC in its US$1.7 billion leveraged buyout of Electronics for Imaging, Inc.
- Shape Security, Inc. in its acquisition by F5 Networks, Inc. for US$1 billion.
- OMERS Private Equity in the sale of MatrixCare Holdings Inc. to ResMed Operations Inc. for US$750 million.
- The RealReal, Inc. in its US$345 million initial public offering.
Richard received his J.D. from Harvard Law School, where he was a submissions editor for the Harvard Business Law Review. He received his B.A, cum laude, in Economics from New York University.