ROSANNA CONNOLLY focuses on EU and UK competition law issues.
Rosanna’s experience includes merger control, cartel investigations, compliance programs, distribution practices, information exchanges, joint ventures, market studies, abuse of dominance cases, litigation and EU state aid matters. She has been involved in cases before the European Commission, the European Courts, and national competition authorities in the UK and other major jurisdictions around the world.
Rosanna has advised clients in a range of business and industry sectors such as aerospace, agribusiness, e-commerce, financial services, FMCG, IT, medical devices, metals, pharmaceuticals, retail manufacturing, sports and telecommunications.
Recent examples of Rosanna’s work include representing:
- Anixter International Inc. in its acquisition by an affiliate of Clayton, Dubilier & Rice (CD&R) in an all cash transaction for US$3.8 billion.
- Vector Capital Corporation, a leading technology-focused private equity firm, in its sale of portfolio company Corel Corporation to KKR.
- eBay Inc. on its acquisition of Motors.co.uk from Cox Automotive Relation Solutions.
- PT Medco Energi Internasional Tbk on the takeover offer by a wholly owned subsidiary for Ophir Energy plc.
She was recognized in The Legal 500 UK 2017 for EU and Competition. In a previous edition, clients noted how she combines “strong technical skills and great client service.”
Rosanna trained as a solicitor in Sidley’s London office, where she gained a broad grounding in EU and UK competition law, along with global finance, tax and real estate experience. She was on secondment to our Brussels office during 2009. More recently, Rosanna was seconded to the newly formed competition department at the UK’s Financial Conduct Authority for over seven months in 2013 and 2014. During her time at the FCA, Rosanna gained valuable experience of market studies.
Admissions & Certifications
- England and Wales (Solicitor)
- Ireland (Solicitor)
- University of Bristol, B.Sc., 2004
- King's College London, Postgraduate Diploma, 2009