PETER McCORKELL advises on a broad range of contentious and non-contentious employment and employee benefits matters, with a focus on multinational corporate and financial services clients.
He regularly advises HR and Employee Relations teams, and in-house employment lawyers on strategic HR planning, policy drafting and implementation, complex grievance and disciplinary issues, discrimination, immigration, and employee terminations. He also advises on executive service agreements and compensation, long term incentive plans, and regulatory remuneration issues, such as those introduced under the Capital Requirements Directive.
Peter has significant experience in employment litigation, including complex discrimination claims, and works with clients to provide bespoke training programs.
Peter’s recent experience includes advising:
- KKR on its investment in Feedzai, a leading cloud-based financial risk management platform.
- Clearlake Capital Group, L.P. in its acquisition of Precisely together with TA Associates.
- Great Hill Partners in connection with its investment in BigChange, the leading mobile workforce management technology company for the service and transport sectors.
- Great Hill Partners in connection with its acquisition of Notonthehighstreet, a UK curated online marketplace.
- Cubic Corporation in its acquisition by Veritas Capital and Evergreen Coast Capital for an enterprise value of US$2.8 billion.
He also provides support to Sidley’s Corporate group, advising on the employment law and employee representation and consultation issues that arise in the context national and cross-border transactions.
Prior to joining Sidley, Peter trained and worked as a barrister in Northern Ireland, worked in the employment department of a major Scottish firm, and worked as an in-house employment lawyer of a global payment services company.