PETER McCORKELL advises on a broad range of contentious and non-contentious employment and employee benefits matters, with a focus on multinational corporate and financial services clients.
He regularly advises HR and Employee Relations teams, and in-house employment lawyers on strategic HR planning, policy drafting and implementation, complex grievance and disciplinary issues, discrimination, immigration, and employee terminations. He also advises on executive service agreements and compensation, long term incentive plans, and regulatory remuneration issues, such as those introduced under the Capital Requirements Directive.
Peter has significant experience in employment litigation, including complex discrimination claims, and works with clients to provide bespoke training programs.
Peter’s recent experience includes advising:
- Queen Park’s Equity on its acquisition of Learndirect Limited and its subsidiaries, a provider of online learning platform and courses.
- KKR on its investment in Zwift.
- Travelex on its financial and operational restructuring.
- TowerBrook Capital Partners on the acquisition of the Azzurri Group.
- H.I.G. Capital and Vernacare on the acquisition of Infection Prevention.
- Goldman Sachs on its investment in tech platform LumApps.
- Inspired Entertainment, Inc., a leading supplier of gaming terminals in the UK, on the proposed transformational acquisition of the Gaming Technology Group of Novomatic UK Ltd.
- TowerBrook in its sale of Metallo, a metal recycler and refiner, to Aurubis AG.
- eBay Inc. on its acquisition of Motors.co.uk from Cox Automotive Relation Solutions.
- TowerBrook on its investment in the GBA Group, a UK-based vehicle logistics business servicing the global automotive and shipping industries.
- WEX Inc., a leading financial technology service provider, in connection with its planned acquisition of EG Group Limited’s GO Fuel Card business.
He also provides support to Sidley’s Corporate group, advising on the employment law and employee representation and consultation issues that arise in the context national and cross-border transactions.
Prior to joining Sidley, Peter trained and worked as a barrister in Northern Ireland, worked in the employment department of a major Scottish firm, and worked as an in-house employment lawyer of a global payment services company.