PETER McCORKELL advises on a broad range of contentious and non-contentious employment and employee benefits matters, with a focus on multinational corporate and financial services clients.
He regularly advises HR and Employee Relations teams, and in-house employment lawyers on strategic HR planning, policy drafting and implementation, complex grievance and disciplinary issues, discrimination, immigration, and employee terminations. He also advises on executive service agreements and compensation, long term incentive plans, and regulatory remuneration issues, such as those introduced under the Capital Requirements Directive.
Peter has significant experience in employment litigation, including complex discrimination claims, and works with clients to provide bespoke training programs.
Peter’s recent experience includes advising:
- Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., a global insurance brokerage, risk management and consulting services firm, in its acquisition of the treaty reinsurance brokerage operations of Willis Towers Watson for US$3.25 billion.
- Newfold Digital on its acquisition of Yoast B.V., the leading search engine optimization plugin provider for WordPress.
- Clearlake Capital Group, L.P. in its proposed US$5.2 billion acquisition of Cornerstone OnDemand, Inc.
- Medline Industries, Inc. in its acquisition of a significant portion of Teleflex Incorporated’s respiratory business for US$286 million.
- Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. on its US$3.57 billion acquisition of Willis Towers Watson Assets.
He also provides support to Sidley’s Corporate group, advising on the employment law and employee representation and consultation issues that arise in the context national and cross-border transactions.
Prior to joining Sidley, Peter trained and worked as a barrister in Northern Ireland, worked in the employment department of a major Scottish firm, and worked as an in-house employment lawyer of a global payment services company.