PETER McCORKELL advises on a broad range of contentious and non-contentious employment and employee benefits matters, with a focus on multinational corporate and financial services clients.
He regularly advises HR and Employee Relations teams, and in-house employment lawyers on strategic HR planning, policy drafting and implementation, complex grievance and disciplinary issues, discrimination, immigration, and employee terminations. He also advises on executive service agreements and compensation, long term incentive plans, and regulatory remuneration issues, such as those introduced under the Capital Requirements Directive.
Peter has significant experience in employment litigation, including complex discrimination claims, and works with clients to provide bespoke training programs.
Peter’s recent experience includes advising:
- Bilkul Football on the employment issues in connection with its acquisition of West Bromwich Albion Football Club.
- Colliers on the acquisition of a 75% strategic investment in Basalt Infrastructure Partners LLP.
- Kiniciti on its investment in Ncardia, a leader in developing stem cell-based solutions for drug discovery and cell therapy.
- Confluence Technologies, Inc. in its US$500 million acquisition of Investment Metrics, a major provider of investment data, performance, analytics, and research software solutions.
- Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., a global insurance brokerage, risk management and consulting services firm, in its acquisition of the treaty reinsurance brokerage operations of Willis Towers Watson for US$3.25 billion.
- Newfold Digital on its acquisition of Yoast B.V., the leading search engine optimization plugin provider for WordPress.
- Clearlake Capital Group, L.P. in its proposed US$5.2 billion acquisition of Cornerstone OnDemand, Inc.
He also provides support to Sidley’s Corporate group, advising on the employment law and employee representation and consultation issues that arise in the context national and cross-border transactions.
Prior to joining Sidley, Peter trained and worked as a barrister in Northern Ireland, worked in the employment department of a major Scottish firm, and worked as an in-house employment lawyer of a global payment services company.
*Only admitted to practice in Scotland. Not admitted to practice in England and Wales.