JOSHUA SAMEK focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, capital markets and financing transactions, and general corporate and securities matters. He has extensive experience advising private equity funds and their portfolio companies, public companies, and founders across a wide range of industries, with a concentration on the healthcare, technology, and life sciences sectors. He also acts for public company boards of directors and executive management on U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission reporting and corporate governance matters.
Advocacy on behalf of his clients has earned Josh awards and acknowledgement in industry publications, including:
- Chambers USA, South Florida Corporate/M&A & Private Equity (2021–2023)
- The Legal 500 US, Healthcare: Service Providers (2022–2023)
- The Legal 500 US, Fintech (2020)
- IFLR1000, Notable Practitioner, Private Equity; M&A (2020)
- IFLR1000 United States, Capital Markets (2018)
- Daily Business Review, “Most Effective Lawyer – Corporate Securities” (2019)
Prior to joining Sidley, Josh was a partner at another global law firm, where he served as chair of the Florida Corporate practice.