PATRICK J. HARRISON advises on all aspects of EU and UK competition law. Patrick spent four years in Brussels before relocating to Sidley’s London office in 2007 and is admitted both as a Solicitor in England and Wales and as an Advocaat in Belgium. He has significant experience representing clients before the European Commission and the UK’s Competition and Markets Authority (CMA), securing favorable results for clients requiring regulatory approvals, or facing regulatory challenges.
Patrick focuses his practice on merger control, cartel and dominance investigations, counselling and compliance. He has also represented clients in EU and UK judicial review proceedings regarding both competition cases and legislation of broader application. In this context, he has pleaded a number of cases before the EU Courts.
Patrick has received acknowledgement from numerous industry ranking guides:
- Chambers UK 2023 – Ranked for Competition Law, where clients describe him as “outstanding at understanding the regulatory issues but putting them in terms that our teams can understand so that they can make appropriate strategic decisions," and noted "his client service level” as being “extraordinary, from his responsiveness to the clarity of the counsel he provided.”
- The Legal 500 UK 2023 – Ranked for EU and Competition, where he is described as “an excellent partner.”
- Chambers Europe 2022 - Ranked for Competition Law, with clients saying he is “extremely hard-working and takes the time to listen to us.”
- Chambers UK 2022 - Ranked for Competition Law, sources commented that he is an “excellent antitrust lawyer, very pragmatic and knowledgeable, and a pleasure to work with.”
- Chambers UK 2021 - Ranked for Competition Law
- Chambers UK 2020 - Ranked for Competition Law, where clients described him as “articulate, clear and very responsive.”
- Chambers UK 2019 - Ranked for Competition Law, where clients praised him for his “strong knowledge and down-to-earth style, which make the negotiations as painless as they can be.”
- Law 360 2017 – Ranked as one of just five “Rising Stars” in the Antitrust/Competition category.
Patrick is the contributing editor for the “Getting the Deal Through: Vertical Agreements” publication and has published widely on EU and UK competition law issues. He has also presented at a number of industry events, including events organized by the American Bar Association and the UK’s Regulatory Policy Institute.