DAVID HOWE is a capital markets and finance lawyer in the London office, where he heads the English law Capital Markets team.
David has extensive experience of acting for issuers, underwriters, and trustees on a wide range of European and Asia-Pac-focused capital markets transactions, including regulatory and hybrid capital instruments, equity-linked products, high-yield debt offerings, debt restructurings, tender and exchange offers, and other liability management transactions.
David has received acknowledgement from numerous industry ranking guides:
- Chambers UK 2024 – Ranked for Capital Markets: Debt (UK). Sources note, “David has always shown a strong understanding of business and has a highly pragmatic approach.” “He is just exceptional and is super responsive. He has your back in all deals and will go into battle with you.” “David is a very capable DCM lawyer and is always very collaborative. His deals get done on time and there is invariably a positive atmosphere.”
- The Legal 500 UK 2024 – Ranked as a Leading Individual for Debt Capital Markets, with sources saying “David Howe, the partner responsible for the company I work for, is very well-informed about our operations overall and provides unique solutions to accommodate our needs.”
- The Legal 500 UK 2023 – Ranked as a Leading Individual for Debt Capital Markets, with sources saying “David is an outstanding lawyer. He makes the most complex issues understandable to clients, has a keen eye for assessing legal risk and combines a rare mix of deep technical experience, market knowledge and ability to come up with highly innovative and groundbreaking solutions.”
- Chambers Europe and Chambers UK 2023 – Ranked for Capital Markets: Debt (UK). He was described by a client as having “a calm, pragmatic approach to transactions.”
- Chambers Global 2022 – Ranked for Capital Markets: Debt (UK), where clients comment “he cuts through to the key points and simplifies complex legal issues.”
- Chambers Europe and Chambers UK 2022 – Ranked for Capital Markets: Debt, where sources say “David's knowledge of capital markets is impressive, as is his ability to identify and implement solutions quickly and effectively.”
- Chambers Global 2021 – Ranked for Capital Markets: Debt, where clients noted that he is an “excellent technical lawyer who understands the commercial imperatives of transactions.”
- The Legal 500 UK 2022 – Ranked as a Leading Individual.
- Best Lawyers 2022 – Ranked as a Leading Lawyer for Capital Markets.
- IFLR1000 2017 - Ranked as a Leading Lawyer for Capital Markets.