STEVE QUINN has a broad range of experience in UK and international tax planning with a particular focus on debt finance.
He has considerable experience in structured finance transactions (including RMBS, CMBS, ABCP conduits, covered bonds, whole-business securitizations, and CLOs), capital markets (including high-yield bonds, EMTNs and GMTNs, regulatory capital, and standalone corporate issuances), real estate, and leveraged finance. Steve advises fund sponsors, arrangers, originators, investment managers, lender, and investors on all tax aspects of financings. He also works as creditor and debtor counsel on restructuring mandates.
Examples of Steve’s work include representing:
- A UK fund as investment manager and retention holder on CLO refinancings.
- A U.S. fund as investment manager on its debut warehouse of loan obligations.
- A Luxembourg fund on the establishment of a secured lending platform.
- A UK building society on its debut and subsequent RMBS issuances.
- A U.S. bank as arranger of a UK CMBS securitization.
- A UK real estate investment group on their debut senior unsecured bond offering.
- A syndicate of lenders in relation to the financing of a public to private transaction for a UK retirement homes provider.
- A Greek electricity supplier on the establishment of its receivables securitization platform.
- A Spanish bank on UK aspects of its first end-to-end blockchain bond.
- A UK mortgage provider on a senior secured notes issuance.
- A syndicate of lenders in relation to the financing of a UK commercial property portfolio.
- A U.S. fund on the refinancing of and restructuring of its holding structure for a collection of residential properties.
*The above matters were handled by Steve prior to joining Sidley.