パートナーafagan@sidley.com +1 214 981 3377 +1 713 495 4531ダラス , ヒューストン
パートナーclfukuda@sidley.com +1 212 839 7364ニューヨーク
パートナーskoh@sidley.com +1 312 853 7038シカゴ
パートナーjkushan@sidley.com +1 202 736 8914ワシントンD.C.
パートナーtrein@sidley.com +1 312 853 7117シカゴ
パートナーirene.email@example.com +1 415 772 1230 +1 650 565 7530サンフランシスコ , Palo Alto
We bring value to our clients in the following ways:
- Diverse sector experience: Our lawyers, many of whom have advanced degrees or working experience in various technical disciplines, deal with intellectual property (IP) litigation in the following fields: biotechnology; financial institutions; chemical; medtech and medical devices; consumer products; pharmaceuticals; electronics, computers, and software; telecommunications and the internet; and entertainment.
- Patent litigation prowess: Sidley’s award-winning patent litigation team is dedicated to achieving favorable results for clients in courts throughout the country, across a wide range of industries, and against well-regarded opponents. Our patent litigation lawyers have acted as counsel in more than 200 Federal Circuit appeals and a larger number of district court patent litigations nationwide. We are regularly sought as counsel on patent cases in the Supreme Court and have an active practice before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) — appearing in over 400 PTAB proceedings since 2013.
Winner of the “Impact Case of the Year”:
Immunex v. Sandoz and CardioNet v. InfoBionic
LMG Life Sciences Awards 2020
- First-rate, first-chair trial lawyers: Few firms can match the depth and breadth of our first-chair trial lawyers and trial teams. Our IP litigators have successfully represented clients in some of the most hotly contested patent cases and other disputes in virtually every U.S. jurisdiction. We understand that every client has a unique IP case and approaches trials with a different view. Thus, we build long-standing relationships with our clients to expand our knowledge of their business and legal needs, as well as collaborate closely with in-house teams to develop a comprehensive trial approach to their IP disputes.
- ITC Section 337 leader: Our experience litigating IP cases, combined with our insights into and knowledge of international trade law, allows us to secure effective resolutions for clients in complex International Trade Commission (ITC) Section 337 proceedings. Over the past decade, our lawyers have represented complainants and respondents in more than 20 Section 337 investigations before the ITC, all of which have resulted in victories or favorable settlements for our clients.
Winner of the “Impact Case of the Year”:
Bayer Healthcare v. Baxalta et al
LMG Life Sciences Awards 2019
- Inclusion advocate: Sidley is committed to achieving greater diversity in the legal profession. Over the years, the firm has cultivated a strong relationship with ChIPs, a nonprofit organization whose mission is to advance and connect women in IP, technology, law, and government. We were also a participant in the inaugural “Law in Technology Diversity Collaborative,” a diversity program announced in early 2019 in which first-year law students split a summer internship between a Bay Area tech company and a law firm.
Recognition for the practice
Strong advocacy on behalf of clients has earned our lawyers recognition as top IP and patent litigation practitioners in numerous media and legal directories, including the 2021 editions of Chambers USA, The American Lawyer, IAM Patent 1000,Benchmark Litigation, The National Law Journal, Managing IP, The Best Lawyers in America, the LMG Life Sciences guide, and the Daily Journal. For seven consecutive years, Sidley has received first-tier national rankings in IP Litigation and Patent Litigation services from U.S. News — Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms.” Our team was also highly ranked for IP in the 2020 edition of Chambers USA. According to the publication, clients revere the team for being “extremely smart, encyclopedic in their knowledge of patent law and excellent litigators” and having “a tremendous level of technical expertise, which is a critical skill in patent litigation.”