Mr. Bonner is consistently ranked among the nation’s top healthcare: pharmaceutical/medical products regulatory lawyers by Chambers USA, Who’s Who Legal and LMG Life Sciences where he is recognized as a “Life Sciences Star.” Clients are regularly impressed by Mr. Bonner who handles safety, compliance and efficacy issues. They have said “he is a former federal prosecutor and works with the district officers, the inspectors. He knows them all and has credibility with the district offices… we have had some really sensitive quality matters and I needed someone I really trusted. He has been fabulous.” In Chambers USA clients praise him as “one of the best good manufacturing practice and product quality lawyers around.” In Who’s Who Legal Mr. Bonner’s “wide and detailed knowledge” of the area complements his “user-friendly approach.” Within the field, he is very well known for the quality of his representation of clients in relation to government investigations, enforcement proceedings and other related litigation.
Prior to joining Sidley, Mr. Bonner served as an Assistant United States Attorney in the District of Maryland for six years, where he prosecuted pharmaceutical application and GMP cases and litigated other FDA-related cases. Throughout his tenure as a prosecutor, he counseled FDA and its Special Prosecution Staff investigating the healthcare industry. Mr. Bonner is the recipient of the FDA’s Harvey W. Wiley Medical and Commissioner’s special citation.
Mr. Bonner’s experience includes:
- Regularly visiting manufacturing sites throughout the world to provide regulatory and compliance support regarding GMP and QSR matters
- Representing companies in connection with Foreign Corrupt Practices Act investigations and compliance programs, trade secret issues, and commercial matters
- Assisting clients with complex non-conforming product, corrective and preventive action (CAPA), data integrity and product impact investigations
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- 美国纽约大学法学院, 法学博士, 1985
- University of Maryland, 文学学士, 1980 (summa cum laude)
- Paul H. Roney, U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit (1985 - 1987)