JAMES CROOKS is highly skilled in matters related to debt finance. His practice is focused on advising private equity sponsors, their portfolio companies and credit funds on debt financing transactions, including leveraged acquisitions, syndicated lending, asset backed financings, debt restructurings and general banking arrangements.
Recent examples of James’s work include representing:
- Travelex on its financial and operational restructuring.
- TowerBrook Capital Partners on the acquisition of the Azzurri Group.
- OrbiMed on its investment in Mereo BioPharma.
- TowerBrook Capital Partners on the acquisition of CarTrawler.
- GHO Capital Partners LLP on its acquisition of Ardena.
- Global Loan Agency Services Limited as facilities agent, GLAS Trust Corporation Limited as existing security agent and TMF Trustee Limited as new security agent, on the restructuring of BARTEC, a German manufacturer of explosion safety equipment.
- Compass Partners International and Rodenstock Group, a German manufacturer of high-quality progressive lenses, in connection with the refinancing of Rodenstock’s senior debt with a €395 million cov-lite TLB.
- Losberger De Boer Group on its financial and operative restructuring.
- Wendel SA on the arrangement of €1.34 billion of senior term and revolving facilities established in connection with its acquisition of the Constantia Flexibles Group from One Equity Partners and subsequent 2016 repricing of TLB debt.
- Aquiline Capital Partners on the arrangement of senior term and revolving facilities established in connection with its acquisition of the Simply Business Group from AnaCap Financial Partners.
- Insight Venture Partners on the arrangement of senior term and revolving facilities established in connection with its acquisition of the Fourth Group from ECI Partners.
James has recently been recognized in The Lawyer’s ‘Hot 100’ list for 2020.
Prior to joining Sidley in 2016, James was a partner in the corporate and financial services practice of another international law firm.