JAMES CROOKS is highly skilled in matters related to debt finance. His practice is focused on advising private equity sponsors, their portfolio companies and credit funds on debt financing transactions, including leveraged acquisitions, syndicated lending, asset backed financings, debt restructurings and general banking arrangements.
Recent examples of James’s work include representing:
- Cello Health Limited on its disposal of Digital Technology Advisory Group.
- KKR on its majority acquisition of Biosynth Carbosynth, a Swiss life sciences reagents and custom synthesis and manufacturing services company.
- Affiliates of WCAS and Managed Market Insights & Technology in connection with MMIT's US$1.6 billion merger with Evaluate.
- Partners Group, a leading global private markets firm, on expanding the shareholder base of International Schools Partnership, a leading international group of K-12 schools.
- KKR on its acquisition of Argenta, a leading animal pharmaceutical research and manufacturing company.
- Travelex on its financial and operational restructuring.
James is listed as a Notable Practitioner for Banking and Capital Markets: Debt by IFLR1000 2020. He has also recently been recognized in The Lawyer’s ‘Hot 100’ list for 2020.
Prior to joining Sidley in 2016, James was a partner in the corporate and financial services practice of another international law firm.
**Not admitted to practice in England and Wales**