JAMES CROOKS is highly skilled in matters related to debt finance. His practice is focused on advising private equity sponsors, their portfolio companies and credit funds on debt financing transactions, including leveraged acquisitions, syndicated lending, asset backed financings, debt restructurings and general banking arrangements.
Recent examples of James’s work include representing:
- Partners Group, a leading global private markets firm, on expanding the shareholder base of International Schools Partnership, a leading international group of K-12 schools.
- KKR on its acquisition of Argenta, a leading animal pharmaceutical research and manufacturing company.
- Travelex on its financial and operational restructuring.
- TowerBrook Capital Partners on the acquisition of the Azzurri Group.
- OrbiMed on its investment in Mereo BioPharma.
James is listed as a Notable Practitioner for Banking and Capital Markets: Debt by IFLR1000 2020. He has also recently been recognized in The Lawyer’s ‘Hot 100’ list for 2020.
Prior to joining Sidley in 2016, James was a partner in the corporate and financial services practice of another international law firm.