ELEANOR DODDING counsels international clients on a wide range of data protection, privacy and cybersecurity issues, including advising on compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the UK Data Protection Act. In particular:
- Managing GDPR compliance projects for global clients with multiple entities, including those in the financial services, professional services, life sciences, media and retail industries.
- Developing external and internal-facing policies and notices to facilitate compliant data collection and handling, including privacy notices, data privacy policies and privacy risk assessments.
- Advising clients on the territorial application of the GDPR.
- Assisting clients with preparing for cybersecurity incidents and personal data breaches.
- Assisting numerous fund industry clients in Europe, the United States and the Cayman Islands to update their investor documentation in line with EU privacy regulations.
- Assisting with privacy and data security due diligence in connection with corporate transactions (e.g., M&A transactions).
Eleanor recently advised TowerBrook on its investment in the GBA Group, a UK-based vehicle logistics business servicing the global automotive and shipping industries.
Eleanor is recommended for Data Protection, Privacy and Cybersecurity by The Legal 500 UK 2023.
Prior to Sidley, Eleanor trained as a solicitor at another international law firm, where she gained experience in the corporate, commercial and litigation practices.