ELEANOR DODDING counsels international clients on a wide range of data protection, privacy and cybersecurity issues, including advising on compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the UK Data Protection Act. In particular:
- Managing GDPR compliance projects for global clients with multiple entities, including those in the financial services, professional services, life sciences, media and retail industries.
- Developing external and internal-facing policies and notices to facilitate compliant data collection and handling, including privacy notices, data privacy policies and privacy risk assessments.
- Advising clients on the territorial application of the GDPR.
- Assisting clients with preparing for cybersecurity incidents and personal data breaches.
- Assisting numerous fund industry clients in Europe, the United States and the Cayman Islands to update their investor documentation in line with EU privacy regulations.
- Assisting with privacy and data security due diligence in connection with corporate transactions (e.g., M&A transactions).
Eleanor recently advised TowerBrook on its investment in the GBA Group, a UK-based vehicle logistics business servicing the global automotive and shipping industries.
Prior to Sidley, Eleanor trained as a solicitor at another international law firm, where she gained experience in the corporate, commercial and litigation practices.
Admissions & Certifications
- England and Wales (Solicitor)
- Durham University, LL.B., 2014 (with honors)