WENDY LAZERSON is the co-chair of Sidley’s Labor and Employment international practice group and a partner in Sidley’s San Francisco and Palo Alto offices. She also serves on the firm’s COVID-19 Task Force. Wendy is ranked by Chambers USA and a recipient of the BTI Client Service Award for excellence in service to clients. Clients turn to Wendy to handle their most challenging matters regardless of venue, due to her reputation as a thoughtful, pragmatic, and strategic thinker. Wendy is retained to conduct independent investigations on matters of importance to Companies and their boards of directors ranging from allegations of sexual misconduct to retaliation to other ethical issues. She also represents employers in litigation including class actions and single plaintiff cases regarding discrimination, retaliation, trade secret theft, sexual harassment whistleblowing, wage and hour, and other workplace disputes. Wendy regularly works with clients based in China and other parts of Asia and their U.S. subsidiaries. Wendy also advises clients on the myriad of issues impacting employers in California. She also trains workforces with regard to legal compliance and best practices to proactively avoid employee claims. Wendy has a long record of success with juries, arbitrators and judges. Wendy has defeated class certification and obtained summary judgement allowing for a prompt result. Wendy is comfortable in front of a jury, a judge, or an arbitrator.
Wendy is on the Employment Panel of the American Arbitration Association and serves as an arbitrator.
Wendy serves in several firm leadership roles. In addition to being co-chair of the international Labor and Employment group, Wendy is the local chair on the Committee for the Retention and Promotion of Women and serves on the firm’s COVID-19 Task Force.
Wendy regularly speaks on topics of interest and has published many articles with thought leadership some recent examples are listed below. Wendy has received many honors and awards reflecting her recognition by peers and clients. Examples are below:
- Chambers USA as a Band 4 lawyer in California (2021)
- Benchmark Litigation as a “Labor and Employment Star” (2021)
- Daily Journal as a Top Labor & Employment Lawyer (2020)
- BTI Client Service All-Star award (2017)
- The Best Lawyers in California (2015 – 2020)
- The Best Lawyers In America for Litigation — Labor and Employment (2016 – 2021)
- Best Lawyers in Northern California (2016 – 2020)
- Super Lawyers for Northern California — Employment and Labor (2008 – 2020)
- San Francisco Magazine as a Top Lawyer in Northern California (2013 – 2020)