Rachpal's clients turn to her for advice on complex UK and EU regulatory and compliance matters, in particular those relating to cross-border issues. She has for many years counseled overseas banks, investment management firms, insurance companies and consumer credit firms on UK authorization and licensing requirements, as well as on EU/UK anti-money laundering and financial sanctions compliance matters. When clients interact with regulatory agencies, Rachpal provides technical and strategic support on regulatory investigations and breaches.
Rachpal also has extensive experience of advising arrangers, issuers, originators, investment managers and investors on the regulatory aspects of structured finance and capital market transactions covering the Securitization Regulation, regulatory capital requirements, marketing and listing requirements, and market conduct issues within the context of the Market Abuse Regulation.
Recent representative matters include advising:
- The lenders on Sotheby's art loans structured facility. The transaction was named "Structured Finance and Securitization Deal of the Year" at the IFLR Americas Awards 2021.
- Zenith (a portfolio company of Bridgepoint) on securitization risk retention requirements in relation to its vehicle lease Asset-Backed Commercial Paper and Asset-Backed Lending structures (ongoing)
- Partners Group, a leading global private markets firm, on expanding the shareholder base of International Schools Partnership, a leading international group of K-12 schools.
- Great Hill Partners in connection with its investment in BigChange, the leading mobile workforce management technology company for the service and transport sectors.
- Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company on its acquisition of a shareholding in Rothesay Life.
- TowerBrook Capital Partners on the acquisition of CarTrawler.
- A European bank as its primary counsel on securitization risk retention requirements under the EU Securitization Regulation within the context of its U.S. transactions.
Rachpal's practice also encompasses advising purchasers and sellers of regulated loan portfolios on EU and UK regulatory requirements relating to residential and buy-to-let mortgages, personal secured and unsecured loans, consumer hire goods and services, and credit cards. She has also assisted banks and finance and leasing companies on the development of new products and advising on preparing customer documentation in compliance with the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and the Financial Conduct Authority’s mortgage and consumer credit conduct of business rules.
Rachpal is recognized in The Legal 500 UK 2017 for Financial Services, with sources noting that she “provides ‘very thorough advice’ to clients.”