Rachpal’s clients turn to her for advice on complex UK and EU regulatory and compliance matters, in particular those relating to cross-border issues. She has for many years counseled overseas banks, payment service providers and consumer credit firms on UK authorization and licensing requirements, as well as on EU anti-money laundering and financial sanctions compliance matters. When clients interact with regulatory agencies, Rachpal provides technical and strategic support on regulatory investigations and breaches.
Rachpal also has extensive experience of advising clients on the regulatory aspects of structured finance and capital market transactions covering EU regulatory capital requirements and securitization risk retention, marketing and listing requirements, and market conduct issues.
Recent representative matters include advising:
- Partners Group, a leading global private markets firm, on expanding the shareholder base of International Schools Partnership, a leading international group of K-12 schools.
- Great Hill Partners in connection with its investment in BigChange, the leading mobile workforce management technology company for the service and transport sectors.
- Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company on its acquisition of a shareholding in Rothesay Life.
- TowerBrook Capital Partners on the acquisition of CarTrawler.
- A European bank as its primary counsel on securitization risk retention requirements under the EU Capital Requirements Regulation within the context of its U.S. transactions.
Rachpal’s practice also encompasses advising on UK and EU consumer credit and mortgage regulation. She has assisted banks and finance and leasing companies on the development of new products and advising on preparing customer documentation in compliance with the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and the Financial Conduct Authority’s mortgage and consumer credit conduct of business rules.
Rachpal is recognized in The Legal 500 UK 2017 for Financial Services, with sources noting that she “provides ‘very thorough advice’ to clients.”