FRANCESCA BLYTHE advises international clients on a wide range of data protection and privacy issues and the implementation of data protection compliance projects. Her main areas of practice are data protection, privacy, e-commerce and information technology.
Recent experience includes advising:
- KKR on its investment in Feedzai, a leading cloud-based financial risk management platform.
- Great Hill Partners in connection with its acquisition of Notonthehighstreet, a UK curated online marketplace.
- Great Hill Partners in connection with its investment in BigChange, the leading mobile workforce management technology company for the service and transport sectors.
- Cubic Corporation in its acquisition by Veritas Capital and Evergreen Coast Capital for an enterprise value of US$2.8 billion.
- Regal Beloit Corporation in its US$9.1 billion combination with the Process & Motion Control (PMC) Business of Rexnord Corporation.
Francesca was previously in-house counsel at the largest international health and beauty retailer in Asia and Europe. Whilst there, she regularly gave advice on compliance and strategies relating to data protection laws, including subject access requests, Privacy Impact Assessments, direct marketing campaigns, biometrics and employee monitoring. She also assisted in the planning and delivery of a UK-wide privacy audit and managed a global privacy compliance project.
Francesca was named as an “Associate to watch” in Chambers UK 2021, with sources commenting that “she is a joy to work with. She is very responsive and coordinates and synthesises things as needed, giving very practical advice.” Clients say that she is “extremely knowledgeable in EU privacy law.” She was recognized in The Legal 500 UK 2017 for Data Protection, Privacy and Cybersecurity, with clients describing her as “impressive, experienced and incredibly personable.” Francesca is also listed in the 2019 and 2020 editions of Who’s Who Legal: Data.